Over the years, I’ve experimented with a lot of tools to organize and streamline my business. The ones listed here are my favorites (or ones that come highly recommended by friends).
In the spirit of full disclosure, some products mentioned on this page may be affiliate links, which means if you click on them to purchase I may receive a small commission or other compensation. You will not pay more for buying a product through this link. In fact, sometimes I’m able to offer special promotions to readers. I’m disclosing this in accordance with FTC regulations regarding endorsements. Thanks for your support!
Recommended Black Friday 2020 Deals!
After surviving this less-than-stellar year, we’ve all earned some awesome deals, right? And who says Black Friday is just for holiday shopping? These deals will save you some well-deserved cash for your business. (Most are available now and some run all the way through the weekend.)
- HeySummit – This is the platform I used to produce the Virtual Event Trailblazers Summit this year, and will definitely be using it again. (Secret discount! This special VIP link gets you 50% off their annual plan – thru 12/12.)
- Affinity Suite – A fantastic low-cost alternative to Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator.
- pCloud – This is a recent discovery to replace Dropbox … with a lot more features! (Be sure to click the Black Friday banner at the top of their page.)
- NameHero – One of my biggest achievements this year was to make the long-overdue move away from a pathetic web hosting company to this faster, more secure alternative. They offer cascading discounts on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, with the early birds getting the best savings. (Starts at 9 AM CT on Friday 11/27.)
- AppSumo – Over the years, I’ve scored some amazing software deals from these guys! This year for Black Friday, they’re offering 15 different specials. (Be sure to click on the Black Friday banner on their page.) Some I’m not familiar with, but those I can personally recommend include: SuiteDash (productivity and CRM system), Depositphotos (this is a total no-brainer at $39 for 100 images of your choice!), and Happy Scribe (I mentioned them on our recent Virtual Lunch as my new favorite tool for creating automated transcripts and captions).
Organizing & Productivity
- Trello – Manage projects & tasks
- Slack – Manage projects & teams
- Plutio – Manage projects, tasks, invoices, and more (my personal favorite!)
- pCloud – File storage and sharing service (try it out with a generous free plan)
- Evernote – Organize all your notes in one place
- ClickUp – Free project, doc, & time management
- AirTable – Part spreadsheet, part database (good for teams)
Note: If you’d like to have a free PDF chart that shows a comparison of Project Management Tools, simply click here to request it.
- Free Conference Call – Audio and video conferencing, plus screen sharing; also international dial-in numbers
- Free Conference Calling – Host calls of up to 1000 with the option to record
- StreamYard – This is the streaming tool I use to broadcast our weekly Virtual Lunch. (My referral link gets you a $10 credit.)
- You may notice a current popular option is not listed here. That’s because I don’t recommend it, especially in light of recent security issues. If your organization insists you use it, here are important tips for how to improve the safety and security of Zoom calls.
- RescueTime – Track your time spent automatically; free & paid plans
- Forest – Stay focused, plant a tree
Webinars & Virtual Summits
- WebinarJam – If you’ve been on any of my webinars, you’ve seen this in action!
- WebinarNinja – Another great webinar option
- HeySummit – Virtual summit management tool (speakers, sponsors, marketing & more)
Note: If you would like help setting up your virtual events, I can work with you as a virtual event concierge, moderator, or emcee. Please contact me for details.